Thursday, September 2, 2010

Exercise to keep young!

‎"We do not stop exercising because we grow old - we grow old because we stop exercising." ~ Dr. Kenneth Cooper

My Gram Doyle is a young whipper snapper at 79, but one of my favorite memories of her is her dancing & singing in the kitchen or from a phrase you use in normal conversation :-). My Gram Tut is 90 (will be 91 October 2, 2010!!). She now has to take a break after dancing one polka, but every week they have the fiddle player at dinners, she's up dancing (after setting the tables and serving everyone!!).

It reminds me of Steve Miller Band's "Dance, Dance, Dance" - "My grandpa he's 95. and he keeps on dancing, he's still alive. My grandma, she's 92, she loves to dance & sing some too. I don't know, but I've been told if you keep on dancing you'll never grow old!!"

It's all about decisions. Keeping moving or stop and grow old. What will you chose? How do you want to feel?

I chose to dance!
Cheers! To your health!
April

No comments:

Post a Comment